CNC Spinning of Brass Horns for the Warning Siren Industry
When a customer needed custom-designed brass horns for a warning siren application, Ace Metal Spinning was hired to complete the job using our advanced metal CNC spinning equipment. This was a challenging assignment which highlighted our design and engineering capabilities, as this was a difficult brass spinning to create. We engaged our CNC lathe, punch press, and trim and bead machines to spin and combine multiple pieces into an assembled horn. Consulting our engineering team for their tooling design, reverse engineering, and product development/prototyping expertise, we designed these important components to customer specification using 2D CAD drawings while ensuring that the product met RoHS standards. The horns are made with .032" thick brass, are 15" in length, 4" wide, with a tolerance of +/- .015".
Our state-of-the-art equipment produced these safety products by CNC spinning, trimming, hemming, and then soldering the multiple pieces together. We have gauge and visual inspections throughout the process to ensure the highest quality and dimensional requirements. In assembling these products we use lead free solder, to be RoHS compliant, a thread gauge to ensure the threaded bushing is in tolerance, and a height gauge to verify the overall height is within print tolerance as well.
The turnaround time to start this project was just 5 weeks, with 150 to 250 custom-designed warning siren brass horns per Kan-Ban release shipped for our customer to be used across the USA.
To learn more about this project, see the table below or contact us directly.Request
CNC Spinning of Brass Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Brass Horns
- Product Description
- These horns are used to project the sound of an emergency siren.
- CNC Metal Spinning Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Tooling Design
- Reverse Engineering
- Product Development/Prototyping
Assembly - Soldering
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- CNC Lathe, Punch Press, Trim & Bead Machines
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 15”
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.015"
- Material Used
- Lead Free Solder
- Ensure the threaded bushing is within tolerance
- Verify the overall height is within print tolerance
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Gauge Inspection, Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Safety Products, Warning Siren
- KanBan item, 150-250 pieces per release
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 5 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing